1/28/10

Reflections In Suspension



After a bit of thinking, I've decided not to draw the final month of 2009 New Feelings. When I started these dailies, a little over a year ago, I was looking for a way to teach myself how to draw comics while (hopefully) genuinely reflecting on my life. I found out that as the months went on the project became more of a useful technical exercise but the whole life part got increasingly lost on the way.

So, I'm stopping for now but for me this has always been a project about gaps. What's left out. The original plan was to finish the year and then take an extended break, thinking I'd start it up again every set amount of years. I know now that this whole thing is more about months. That's the new plan. When the feeling strikes I'll post a new month as it happens, probably a few times out of the year. I think that's closer to what I envisioned in the first place.

I hope you've enjoyed reading these. There will be more to come, possibly soon. In the meantime I'll be working on some other "bigger" projects that I've literally been dreaming of getting started.

Just trying to figure it out.

<3

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Oh, also, August. I'll finish August. Maybe not anytime soon but it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You call the plays; I'll back the plays you call. You're the big dog.

    ReplyDelete